Afro Hair Transplant in Turkey
We bring your afro hair back with the latest 4 in 1 method developed by European doctors from €99/month.
BOOK YOUR COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION NOW!
For our afro hair transplant clients, hospitals follow our Suisse standards.
Why Choose Global Medical Care for Afro Hair Transplant?
Our European doctors define the best afro hair transplant technique by combining the newest methodologies.
Then, selected doctors around the world, perform these methods based on your needs for your best results.
For our clients, handpicked hospitals follow our strict high "Suisse" standards. So with us, you know that your operation will be done with high European quality.
"No Shave" Method
Pay by Installments
Your hair defines your look.
Don’t risk it with cheap and low quality solutions!
Save your time and energy!
We already brought the best experts and techniques together for afro hair transplant. We provide you a safe, secure, hassle-free system to get your full hair back via hair transplant!
Book your complimentary consultation NOW for your afro hair transplant!
GENUINE REVIEWS. YOU CAN TALK TO THEM!
From the moment I enquired with Global Medical Care I have received constant communication, flying to Turkey for surgery is very daunting, however we were made to feel welcome and relaxed. Our Dr has been incredible, he must have visited us 8/9 times during our stay, answering any questions, and really made me feel that he cared. Our translator Sammy was on hand to help with anything we needed and even a rep from GMC came and saw us and spent time with us.
Gastric Sleeve is a big operation and the team made us feel so supported. Our surgeon has just text even after discharge. I can’t thank you all enough. My life has completely changed.
Just on my last day before travelling back home to England, after having a gastric sleeve with Dr Yalim Ucktum via Global Medical Care. Right from the initial contact, I felt confident in my decision and comforted by every question answered by them.
When we got to Turkey, everything was ready, the transfers were lovely big Mercedes, when we got to the hospital for our first night, our English translator was there straight away and ordered us dinner. We started with our first test which then carried on the next morning, there are so many tests and this was really reassuring. Our doctor came to visit us before our op and just is the loveliest man. The Global Medical Care team were also there, which was lovely as we had been speaking with them for so long.
The op itself went really well, and we’ve had great after care from the whole team, including the doctor who kept coming to check on us.
I would recommend over and over.
Thanks Global Medical CARE, Team I’m fully satisfied with operation, for me this medical experience and this package is the best.
Anybody can come without hesitation. This operation is very easy, very good doctors surround you. Every day my hairs growing slowly slowly and I m happy with that. Once again Thanks Global Medical Care
The whole team is very warm-tempered, nice and accommodating. Everyone looked at my well-being the language is not a problem as everything is translated perfectly. The result has become perfect, I am very happy that I have come into such good hands.
Rated 4.8 / 5 by customers on
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AFRO HAIR TRANSPLANT
Unlike what most would say afro hair transplant is a serious and sensitive medical operation that needs to be done in high hygiene standards, under the supervision of a doctor and in a surgery room.
Afro hair transplant is not a usual hair transplant due to the characteristic of the hair and the specific aspect of each hair follicle. During this hair transplant, the most important part is to collect the grafts. So, the majority of the surgeons who claim to be experienced in this procedure, fail in African hair transplant. Because:
1. The characteristic of the Afro hair: The hair is tightly curvy, and has a distinct pattern. It is not round like other grafts. Due to this morphology the specialist cannot operate with the same tools or techniques to remove the hair follicles.
2. The shape of hairs inside the skin: The hair is not only curly outside, but it is curly on the inside as well. Thus, in order to extract the graft without damaging it, we require a trained doctor. So, what happens if the traction procedure is not done properly? Very simple. There will be irreversible damage on the follicle and even if the damaged root is placed on the receiving area, the implanted hair cannot grow.
For these reasons an afro hair transplant requires a lot of practice and expertise. Several of our hair implantation MDs are specially trained for afro hair transplant, thus we can present a very satisfying end result, even for these are complex surgeries. On top, in order to get the best results, the Global Medical Care medical consultant team which is formed by European doctors created a unique 4 in 1 Methodology for hair transplant. Here is how our afro hair transplants are done with this unique method:
1. MICRO FUE
In MICRO FUE afro hair transplant, best hair roots are selected by medical teams one by one using 3rd generation micromotors with 0.5-0.7 mm openings. This is the most developed system to remove grafts without damaging the donor area and keeping its great look. With this methodology, we can extract 20% more grafts with much less damage than standard systems.
2. VITA- ICE FUE
In VITA-ICE FUE afro hair transplant, all your extracted grafts are placed in a mixture of a number of antioxidants and other vitamins designed to strengthen and revitalize hair follicles. This ensures that each graft is kept at an optimal condition after harvesting, balancing the pH levels and preventing the loss of any follicles prior to transplantation. This solution also acts as a coolant, bringing the temperature of the follicles down and triggering a natural anti-inflammatory effect. With the help of this methodology, we keep 25% more grafts alive before their transplantation.
3. SAPPHIRE FUE
In SAPPHIRE FUE afro hair transplant canal openings are done with special blades called Sapphire. These special hair transplant blades open canals with special shapes that help hair follicles hold on to where we place them. This proved 17% less follicle loss and an accelerated healing time.
4. HD FUE
In HD FUE afro hair transplant, we use special nano-liquids that expend the scalp 33% more than normal liquids. With this, we can place up to 100 grafts/cm2.
On top of this unique methodology, for the comfort of all our afro hair transplant patients, we start our operations with needle-less anaesthesia techniques. In this implementation, the anaesthesia is pushed in the scalp with high air pressure not using a needle. In such a way you never feel any pain.
DHI VS FUE IN AFRO HAIR TRANSPLANT
DHI is not a superior hair transplant technique than FUE. They both have positives and negatives. Some patients and cases are suitable for one or the other.
The implementation of both hair transplant methods starts the same. In both, your donor area is shaved. Graft collection is done exactly in the same way. Then these two methods start to differ.
In FUE hair transplant, first the hair is shaved, then the grafts will be collected, after the graft collection, canal opening is done with special blades. Lastly, the grafts are placed in the canals. This method is quicker and helps to maximize the number of grafts.
Whereas in DHI hair transplant, the head is not shaved (only the donor area) then the hair canal opening and graft placement are done in one go. DHI helps to place grafts among the other hair thus does not require to shave the head. But the number of grafts to be placed with DHI is limited compared to FUE.
The deepness of canals and the orientation of the hair, will not differ between these methods. Your doctor will define the best option for your hair transplant and explain his logic. You do not need to choose it now.
KEY POINTS ABOUT AFRO HAIR TRANSPLANT
Afro Hair Transplant
What can be restored?
How is the operation done?
Is this a painful operation?
Local – Needle-less – No pain
Duration of the operation
Total time needed for the operation, pre and post checks
3 days, 2 night
Stay in hospital
Stay in hotel
Back to work in
When will full hair growth be observed?
Permanent in 95% of cases
Any visible signs of the operation after recovery?
Side effects of the operation
Discomfort during the operation, swelling of scalp and forehead, itching
Very rare risks: Death of hair follicles, unnatural look, bleeding, infection, and scarring.
Not suitable for patients
What Makes Our Service Unique?
Doctors and hospitals picked by European doctors.
Evaluation by 3 independent doctors to be sure about end results.
Continuous support: before, during and up to 1 year after the operation.
Best price guarantee and monthly payments.
Swiss quality globally: Global Medical Care®
Legal protection with a European contract.
How GMC Hair Transplants Are Done
Here is a video shot by one of our clients showing all the details of our operations. Nothing is hidden. No scripts. No casts from agencies. All real.
Swiss medical doctors choose us for their own hair transplant!
Till now we operated 17 Swiss medical doctors for their own hair transplant. Schedule a complimentary online consultation and benefit from these high standards for great results.
OUR TRANSPLANT PACKAGES
Flexible payment plans of up to 24 months.
With credit card:
You can pay your treatments up to 12 installments with your credit card which has a limit that can cover the entire cost.
Without credit card:
If you are Swiss citizen or have a C or B permit with a European nationality you may benefit a payment plan up to 24 months with 0% interest.
² Global Medical AG, is not a credit institution. Decisions about your suitability for any payment plan are solely at discretion of our partner credit companies. Your payment plans are not finalised before you get payment slips from them. For installments by credit cards, your card limit should cover the entire operation cost.
Don't risk your future look with cheap solutions, you deserve the best quality!
Schedule a complimentary online consultation. Learn all the safety and security measures we take to ensure the best results for you.
FAQ - AFRO HAIR TRANSPLANT
Can you go bald after a hair transplant?
No. You cannot get bald after a hair transplant. As the hair transplanted during the operation will last forever you cannot become bald after the operation unless you have a disease creating hair fall.
Do hair transplants go GREY?
Hair transplants are your own hair. Thus if your hair gets grey genetically they go grey as well. They will get grey at the same time of your other hair. Thus your hair getting grey will not create a change in your look if you have a hair transplant.
Do I feel any pain or aching?
Hair transplantation operation is an operation carried out under local anesthesia thus you will not feel any pain and aching during the operation. After the operation standard painkillers will be enough so that you don’t feel any pain.
Do the transplanted hairs absolutely appear?
Yes, in normal conditions and if you follow the aftercare instructions they do.
Do you perform hair transplantation on women?
Yes, our surgeons perform hair transplantation on both men and women.
How can I hide my head after hair transplant?
After the hair transplant, you can hide your head with a clean and light cap. You should make sure that it does not create a big pressure on grafts. And after 20 days you can use your hair as normal ones. You should just not use very heavy things on your head (like a motorcycle helmet)
How does my surgeon determine where the new hairline should be?
Hairline placement is an important stage to focus on hair transplantation procedures. Your surgeon advises on the overall limits of the new hairline and transplantation areas based on the patient’s preferences.
How is platelet-rich plasma applied?
The platelet-rich plasma is injected subcutaneously under the scalp with microneedles. The injection is painless and takes 2-3 minutes.
How is platelet-rich plasma made?
- About 10 cc of blood is taken.
- The blood is transferred to a sterile environment in a particular device in order to increase the number of platelets in the plasma volume.
- The cells of the blood are separated by centrifugation and the platelet concentration in blood plasma increases up to 4-8 times.
How long does a Turkey hair transplant last?
Turkey hair transplants last forever. As during the hair transplant hair in the donor area which is coded genetically not to be lost is collected and transplanted to other areas, the Turkey hair transplant lasts forever.
How long does the hair transplantation process take?
Depending on the size of the area to be transplanted, skin, and hair character, the technique to be practiced, it is a process taking approximately between 4 and 8 hours.
How long will the hair transplantation results last?
The result of hair transplantation surgery is permanent. It may take up to a year in order to see the final results. In some cases, it can take up to 18 months.
How many grafts/hairs do I need?
The number of grafts you need is related to the degree of your hair loss. Your surgeon will advise how many grafts you need when he assesses your pictures from different angles during online consultation or when he sees you in person.
How many times did your surgeons perform hair transplant surgery?
Most of our surgeons and their medical team have performed over 5,000 hair transplants.
How much do Turkish hair transplants cost?
Hair transplant costs can vary a lot in Turkey. Prices below £1400 are generally given by non-qualified teams who are doing the operations in local offices. The price of a hair transplant in a hospital with an experienced doctor generally varies between £1500-3000 depending on the comfort level and operation type.
How much does 3000 grafts cost in Turkey?
3000 grafts cost around £1500-3000 in proper operations done in a hospital and by a doctor. Lower than £1500 are quoted generally by nonqualified teams and for operations done in offices where this operation should not be performed.
Is hair transplant surgery the most effective way to restore hair?
Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution for hair restoration. You do not need to worry about hair loss or hair density problems after the procedure.
Is Turkey good for hair transplant?
Turkey is good for hair transplants. This is actually the capital of hair transplants and accommodates the best doctors and best medical teams for this procedure. There is no other country around the world where this operation is so widely done with such a high success rate.
May I ask my hair to be cut partially?
Yes, the cut of the donor area is a must. If you are happy with this alone, you may ask your doctor. But considering the weird look, most of the patients ask for a full haircut.
What are the limitations of the hair transplantation?
Hair transplantation does not increase the total number of hairs on the scalp, cannot prevent future alopecia and is limited by available donor hair.
What happens to hair transplant when you get old?
The transplanted hair will stay forever with you. Thus when you get old nothing happens and you keep your look after the transplant.
What happens to old hair after hair transplant?
After the hair transplant generally the old hair in the transplantation area stays longer with you than without a hair transplant. The main reason for this is that with the hair transplant a completely new and wide weins network is created on the scalp and this helps a better nourishment of your old hair. But this hair may fall if they are genetically coded to be lost.
What I need to do after my operation?
Your surgeon will give you detailed instructions tailored to your situation. Please wait for these instructions to act, as yours may be different. But general guidelines that our surgeons are sharing with their patients is as follows:
- You should not make any contact with the area of the transplantation. The grafts can be damaged easily even with little pressure or scratches. You should wear comfortable clothing such as shirts buttoned from the front. Protect your head while trespassing under a door and avoid sudden moves during sleep
- In order to prevent the swelling on your forehead you should pick at least two pillows while sleeping. You should also avoid leaning forward (e.g. when using the computer)
- The continuation of the antibiotics and anti-swelling medication is essential
- Your donor area dressing will be peeled off on the second day of your operation.
- You will be instructed on how to wash your hair in the clinic
- You should not try to remove the blood clots on the transplantation area after the shower
- We do not recommend wearing a cap but if you insist on this due to appearance concerns, you should choose a cap that does not pressurize the transplantation area
- You can touch your hair, get your hair cut, wear a cap and swim two weeks after surgery
- Even if you use your medication regularly, there might be some swelling on your forehead in the first week. This will not cause any problems and will disappear later on. In order to speed up this process, you should reduce salt and flavor in your diet.
- The first month after the procedure, you will lose the hair that is transplanted onto your head. The growing period of your hair will be between 6-9 months. The initial growth will be thinner than your original hair but it will get thicker within a year
- Systematic lack of iron, zinc, copper, selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, thyroid hormone dysfunction, smoking, diseases on hair skin (i.e. lichen) may affect hair transplantation negatively
What I need to do before my operation?
You will get a detailed customized list from your surgeon about what to do and what not to do before the operation. Please wait for these instructions to act, as yours may be different. But here is general guidance that our surgeons share with their patients:
- You should inform your surgeon about your routine medication and health history
- If you are taking any blood thinners, please let your surgeon know, as they may represent a contra-indication to surgery, you may need to stop their intake two weeks prior to your surgery
- If you are taking broad beta-blockers, please contact your surgeon, you may need to stop intake two weeks prior to your hair transplantation
- It is better to leave your hair long as your surgeon can trim it to the appropriate length in the morning of the hair transplantation
- Do not take any Vitamin B or E for one week before your procedure. It holds for any multivitamins that contain these vitamins
- Do not take Aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) for one week prior to your hair transplant procedure
- Smoking may cause poor healing after hair transplantation surgery and can increase the chance of infection and scarring. Smoking may also contribute to poor hair growth. Therefore you should stop smoking one week prior to surgery
- Do not drink any alcoholic beverages at least three days prior to your hair transplantation procedure
- You can take shower in the morning of your hair transplant procedure. Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair
- If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your procedure
- You should wear loose, comfortable clothing that does not need to be pulled on over your head
- Please do not wear any cologne or perfume on the day of your hair transplantation procedure
- Have breakfast in the morning of your procedure. If your surgery is scheduled for the afternoon, have a light lunch before you arrive
- Do not drink coffee or any caffeinated beverages on the day of your procedure
- You will be going to the hotel with a headband-type bandage. You may bring a light hat or bandana to cover the bandage so it will not be visible
What is the lifespan of transplanted hair?
The roots that are extracted from your donor area will last for a lifetime after they are transplanted on your desired balding areas.
What would be my daily schedule for hair transplantation operations?
Although it may vary from patient to patient, here’s a typical daily schedule for hair transplantation operations:
- You arrive at the airport and your driver will wait for you at the exit of the customs zone with a tag with your name.
- He will drive you to hospital and hand you to your patient representative who is fluent in your language.
- After the initial registration procedure you will meet your doctor in person.
- You will have your last checks to prepare you to hair transplantation.
- Then your procedure will start and may last up to eight hours, operated under local anesthesia. Your hair transplant surgeon will operate the procedure with his crew. You should lie for up to four hours onwards and up to three and a half hours backward in order to have a successful root extraction and transplantation.
- You will rest in your room in the hotel.
- You will visit the hospital again for final check-up including visual consultation, hair root check, and removal of the dressing and washing.
- Your doctor advises you further on medication including a special lotion and a shampoo and the types of activities you can get involved in over the course of your recovery period.
- You will be ready to go back home after your second day.
When can I go out?
There is not a circumstance preventing you from going out after the operation. In the first couple of days, there are tiny pink spots to be seen. These gradually fade away and become normal in a week.
When can I have a bath and what are the things with which I should be careful?
Generally, after 3 days you can have a bath. Using special lotions and caring after the bath will be important and your medical team in the hospital will guide you through them.
When do the transplanted hairs appear?
They emerge as tiny particles 3 months after the operation date; they reach the normal length in approximately 6 months.
When will my new hair start to grow?
Your new hair roots will grow thinner and they are going to fall off within three months (usually in the first month). After this period, the transplanted grafts will be stronger and thicker.
Who performs the process and what are their experiences?
Hair transplantation is carried out under the supervision of plastic surgeons by the hair transplantation experts with least 10 years of experience. In medical operations, surgeons, only do their core job where they are specialized. As an example, in heart surgery, assistants open the body and prepare everything for the job of the surgeon and then close it. In hair transplantation, this is the same. The doctor defines the hairline and placements of the grafts, defines the donor area, and defines the principles of the selection. An anesthetist performs the anesthesia. Then, hair transplantation experts perform the operation under the close supervision of plastic surgeons.
Will I lose the transplanted hair?
Yes, transplanted hairs usually fall out after transplantation. But as with the transplantation, new hair roots are created, new hair will grow back in the transplanted area.
Will my hair look natural after the transplantation?
This is the aim of our surgeons. Aftercare is also a key factor for success. Patients should follow the post-op instructions carefully for successful final results.
Would it be apparent that I had hair transplantation?
The transplanted hairs are operated in a natural way. Thus at first glance no one can understand this. As no cuts are made in the FUE method, no scar will appear.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that moves hair from the back of the head to areas of thinning. It is most often used to treat male pattern baldness, but it can also be used to thicken thin eyebrows, or to camouflage scars or skin defects on the scalp.
Global Medical Care has been providing quality and safe treatments. All our surgeons are experienced and specialize in hair restoration surgery.
Black hair transplant in turkey is a relatively new procedure.
There are many reasons why people choose to get a hair transplant in Turkey. They may be looking for a more affordable option, or they may want to avoid the long waiting times and high costs of getting the procedure done in their home country.
People who have had afro hair transplant in Turkey have been very happy with the results.
African Americans are not the only ones who suffer from hair loss. There is a large population of people who suffer from this condition as well.
Hair transplants are an option for those who want to deal with their hair loss by restoring their natural appearance and can provide them with more confidence. Hair transplants have been around for decades but they were mostly popular among Caucasian men until recently. Nowadays, the procedure has become more popular among African American men and women too because it offers them a way to get back some of the lost hairs.
Examples of our internationally accredited hospitals
72.000m², 320 bed, 15 operating room, 1100 health professionals.
15.000 m², 110 beds, 4 operating room, 450 health professionals.
51.000m², 200 bed, 12 operating rooms, 770 health professionals.
Best hospital for Health Tourism